• The counseling office is open everyday and each clinician has different hours.
• Dr. Knapp currently sees patients on weekdays from 9:00am-2:00pm.
• Schedule changes/ updates/ cancellations are managed via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone at 574-367-7189.
• Appointment cancellations require at least 12 hours notice to avoid the full appointment fee.
• Dr. Knapp is the only psychiatrist at Reflections, and she is not available in the evenings or on weekends. In an emergency, such as in the case of suicidal or violent thoughts, patients should call 911 or go to
the closest emergency room.
• Dr. Knapp will prescribe enough medication to last until the next recommended visit.
• It is the patient’s responsibility to track the current supply of medication and remaining refills and request prescription refills during appointments. If an appointment has been changed or canceled, the patient is expected to make a timely appointment to ensure an adequate supply of medication.
• Prescriptions for controlled substances (such as sleep, anti-anxiety, or ADHD medications) will only be provided during appointments.
• If a patient is prescribed a controlled substance, he/she will need to be seen monthly for the first several months of the prescription, and then at least every 3 months once stable. No
• Dr. Knapp subscribes to the Indiana Prescription Drug Monitoring Program, which tracks patients’ use of controlled substances from all providers. Any misrepresentation about or misuse of controlled substances may be cause for patient discharge from the practice.
• Best outcomes are possible only when you are honest with Dr. Knapp about your lifestyle habits. Patients agree to be forthcoming at the onset of care and throughout treatment regarding my habits (such as diet, sleep, exercise, smoking, sexuality, alcohol, illicit drug use, and stress management).
• Dr. Knapp and the staff at Reflections Counseling respect your privacy and work very hard to maintain the confidentiality of your treatment and medical chart. Your information will not be disclosed to others unless a) you instruct such disclosure, or b) the law authorizes or requires it-- examples listed below:
✴Law Enforcement Purposes (e.g. subpoena, court order)
✴For Public Health and Safety Purposes as allowed or required by law (e.g. to reduce a serious, immediate threat to the health or safety of a person or the public)
✴To Coroners, Medical Examiners, Funeral Directors (e.g. to identify a deceased person and determine the cause of death)
• This office fully abides by the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) as well as Indiana state law related to health care access and disclosure.
• Protected Health Information (“PHI”) includes your symptoms, test results, diagnoses, treatment, health information from other providers, and billing and payment information
relating to these services.
• To maintain confidentiality and a safe setting for psychiatric care, Dr. Knapp does not interact with patients on personal social media or networking sites.
Note: By scheduling an appointment with Dr. Knapp, patients are agreeing to the following financial, scheduling, and cancellation policies.
• Dr. Knapp does not accept or contract with any types of insurance. Dr. Knapp has formally and legally “opted out” of Medicare and cannot bill Medicare under any circumstances.
• Payment in full is expected at the time of service. Once payment is received, you will receive a receipt in a superbill format.
• Patients can call their insurer to verify out-of-network insurance benefits and learn how to submit a claim for reimbursement directly back to the patient.
• To schedule a new appointment with Dr. Knapp, you will be required to provide an active credit card number. You may cancel your appointment without charge up to 24 hours preceding your appointment. Same day cancellations will be charged 50% of the new evaluation cost. If you do not call to cancel your appointment or do not show up for your scheduled appointment, you will be charged the full fee of the evalution.
• If for some reason payment is not made at the visit, a $15 billing charge will apply for each invoice or reminder sent. Generally, payment will be required before further appointments
can be scheduled.
• In order to best serve all patients, Dr. Knapp requires at least 12 hours notice to cancel/ change any appointment. If adequate notice is not provided, the full appointment fee will be charged. The fee will be due at the next appointment; in some cases, patients may be asked to pay their fee before scheduling any further appointments.
• NSF (bounced) checks incur a $35 fee.
• Accounts that are seriously overdue may be forwarded for collection activity.
• Billing questions are managed by Kim Wasoski. She can be contacted at 574-222-2466 or
• Reflections Counseling accepts HSA debit cards, cash, checks, PayPal, and major credit